Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tables turned

It was after 5pm, training just finished and I was trying to make it to the bus stop when I heard someone shout 'Adrian!!' in a happy voice. They could not have been calling to me, anyone who knows me well enough to be screaming my name knows to save themselves from that potentially embarrassing situation that occurred. I turned around and scanned the area.. nope didn't know anyone but there was a girl standing in front of the Dyoll building looking right at me with a big grin on her face.

As I walked over to her and she(clearly oblivious to the look of disgust on my face) threw her arms up expecting a hug but I stopped short as I was not about to touch this stranger or even pretend to know them. I asked for her to identify herself and tried to look at her work ID but she snatched it back quickly and said her name.. it was #1 crush. She was a bit meaty when I used to like her back in the day but not this plump apparently life has been good for her.. food wise.

To my surprise while talking to her she took out her phone and showed me she still had my number and thanks to my name being Adrian I was at the top of her contact list. I thought I was the only person who kept peoples numbers for a ridiculous amount of time even if I don't talk to them. Anyway she tried to explain why she kept my number but didn't use it before she had to run off. She called me later and said we should do lunch while I was in New Kingston but she didn't.. how typical of her.

The few days I took the bus I also made a friends with a few other girls who shared the same route with me, who knew the bus would have been fun and the girls so friendly :) My interactions with them were too short lived for me to feel the need to exchange any form of contact information with them but in retrospect they would make some convenient friends since they all lived fairly close to me. lol I should modify my friend making policy for the next time if I ever take the bus again.

On a somewhat related matter I mention the NWA had changed the traffic flow in New Kingston as well. Well last week I should have zigged when I zagged and I ended up with a traffic ticket.. damned police and road changes. Well it's not so bad, I haven't gotten a ticket in long time and I had many near misses and was due one.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol @ life has been good to her food wise.You are so mean!!

We all keep numbers, just i case. Can u imagine one day she would be saying i knew this guy named Adrian who could help but i cant find his number....

Dee said...

hmmmm
sounds like public transportation makes life spicey
I shoudl try it

Pepper said...

u met girls while taking the bus? sounds like u already have a pretty good friend policy! u wont catch me chatting it up to any of em bus riders!

:)

Tami said...

Tis why i always go with my gut feeling. Suppose that was me, jeez i wud so bag my face to come on and see u write that, but meh, such is life thats why i look from a far. You and owen can go do surveillance for the bus system. He meets lots of chicks on buses too.

ruthibel said...

lol.. yall obviously don't commute much... aint nothin like geting 'stuck' in a taxi/bus seat beside a hot dude... the weather alone can make the convo get pretty hot lol

owen said...

fatties, fatties, fatties. yeah woman are known to build collections of useful men and exs for the purpose of extortion and blackmail.

caan call dem when you a need a fack but dem won't hesitate fi call u when dem need a handyman.

though shall not recycle

Tami said...

I'm wondering why Owen so bitter. Seems like such has happened to you. Get better bootey call buddies and stop complaining man. Cho.

Unknown said...

Hmm, maybe I should forgo my apprehensions about taking the bus in light of these friendly conversations with females!

Unknown said...

Adrian taking the bus, i should have been around for that.