Sunday, June 10, 2007

Haste makes waste

I think I am a generally laid back person, my father says if I was anymore relaxed I would fall asleep. I think corporate life has be slowly creeping up on me though, I find myself getting aggravated while sitting in traffic to/from work. I'm sure there were other things bothering me but my mind is drawing a blank at the moment. There is no real rush to reach, work why let the traffic bother me?

Upon reviewing the last couple of months somehow I came to the conclusion that I was living life in the fast lane and need to slow down a little. I normally come to this realization once a year or so and try to adjust accordingly. So for the past week while driving about the place I have been telling myself haste makes waste repeatedly to help have that mentality stick. Some of my friends already think I behave like an old man, I guess this will just add more fuel that that fire.

Under the theme of slowing things down I started thinking about vacation last week. For me I would be more than satisfied spending my vacation sleeping on a deserted beach somewhere watching the crabs walk by with a close friend. This is easy to get a lot of the girls I know are bums and are normally available to fill such idling requests but sadly for me I have had Disney World on my mind recently. My parents visited a few Disney parks in Orlando last month when they went on vacation(from what I dunno they are retired) and a few years ago they paid for my sister to go up too, they would never extend such an offer to me but that is a rant for some other time.

I bought this memory card for my sister earlier this year after my father lost the card from her pda and I was given the task to get another one. They came to the right person I only paid 99c and $9 to have it shipped to myself in Jamaica, it was the deal of a lifetime! Anyway ignoring my big crusty thumb, the SD card has Mickey on it! I am a sucker for anything Disney, I have fond memories of the Magic Kingdom and other parks from the last time I went as a kid more than 15 years ago. To compound things my friend left her mp3 player at my house and while going through it she had the Disney's Greatest album on it with songs that reminded me of the old Disney movies I loved.

With all that on my mind I went online and built myself a week long vacation package for myself. It was a complete package and affordable and I started to day dream at my desk of all the blissful fun I would be having until I realized my plan involved me paying for a vacation for one of my bum friends also. This threw up red flags all over the place, while it is nice having bum friends who are ready for anything anytime, they are po'. I have reservations about bums(no offence to my friends) on vacation.

Other alternatives are go with a platonic friend(may not be as fun but she could pay for herself) or go with my sister I know she loves it just as much as I do but I don't think I'm her ideal vacationing buddy. If push comes to shove I could go with my parents(blehhhh) they mentioned buying a timeshare in Orlando after having so much fun on their trip last month. My mother always complains how I never go on trips with them. I don't really see how spending a few hundred thousand to travel Europe or go on cruises with my parents would be fun but I think she hit gold when they bought that timeshare.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cant agree with you more on the haste makes waste tidbit. the biggest example of this is a fellow photography hobbiest virus. dood went to cfw with his big ole expensive rebel and left his 1 gig cf card on his desk at home in a hurry n left the cf card

Nadya Dee said...

manicure anyone? =)

Anonymous said...

hehe, Big Kid at heart. I hope you take pics of you in one of them mickey mouse hats and take one of you humping Minni tho that doesn't sound feasible, but still the thought is quite dreamy or will that ruin your childhood dreams, at least the innocent ones.hehe, Take a platonic friend, sex in the equation with Donald duck seems aweful.

Anonymous said...

(to self) Ah wonda if ah tell him he has a misplaced comma in the first paragraph if it would aggravate him? Hmmm...

So lemme get this straight: You're easily aggravated, yet you're thinking of going on a vacation to Disney World with thousands of screaming, snot-nosed, misbehaving kids, overpriced hotels and food, and long-ass lines to get on the rides? You can't even wait a few minutes in traffic and you plan on waiting 20+ minutes in the hot-ass sun to get on a ride??!! LMAO.

I can see the headlines now: Man Strangles Mickey Mouse in Park Rage

Yuh better off booking a ticket to come to Barbados Cropover with the rest of the Jamaican posse...

owen said...

when did you get all these bum friends? it has to do with being mobile isn't it? I knew it :|

Mad Bull said...

When is Crop Over? I took my wife and my yute to Disney recently, it was fun but it definitely put Disney World into perspective. It was better as a yute! Another thing that changed... I remember major fights with my siblings on the drive up to Orlando from Miami... when we did it, my yute has no siblings, hence no quarrelling. Aldo, my bro in law is heavy on the press. The drive really didn't take as long. I was tempted to do the timeshare thing too.

Unknown said...

Have no fear, school closes this week, so the traffic will certainly be a lot les in the mornings.
Oh yes all this talk about vacation is just making me more excited since mine starts in a couple of hours! I'll be heading to NY to look for my familiy, no beach with hot females rubbing me down.

SimplEnigma said...

@MB, it's usually the first weekend in August. Kadooment is Monday, August 6...I'm usually conflicted whether to go to JA for independence celebrations or to go to Crop.

Crop always wins...Hehe.

Crankyputz said...

I loved Disney world, it really is a corny magical place, and its sort of sweet to have a fella think so too. However, I draw the line at Disney paraphenalia...Go with your sister...it will be a bonding session...

Nickiesha said...

i hope that is NOT ur fingernail.

Adrian said...

whats wrong with my fingernail?!

My fingers are some of the best fingers I've seen!