Monday, January 13, 2014

New year, same direction

"Like a raft or ruderless boat" was the title of my first post(and as of now not my only post) for the year. I had intended to talk about my general lack of interest in reaching any goals(or setting any for that matter) for 2013 and my plans for 2014 but my rustyness of blogging got that thrown offtrack rather quickly.

Let me start off by stating that I have always had my bar set very low(by my observed societal standards). This does not bother me, in fact I am quite happy that I have achieved everything(from my younger years) that I had set out to and that those goals never did change, I am quite set in my ways. I had reached the top of Maslow's pyramid so what next? The modus operandi was just child rearing and that I did.

Throughout the year other than my usual reading on the natural sciences(and technical manuals according to my father) my thirst for information broadened to religion, philosophy and culture. My view on life has been changed but things remain the same. This is not a bad thing.

So what do I have planned for this year? The only thing that comes to mind is to enjoy my surroundings more. This was always on the list so I guess no change.

Look, its 2014 me :-). I really can't tell when last I've published a photo of me on facebook.. much less this blog but this weekend on the theme of enjoying my surroundings more I drove a surprising short distance and did a short hike to find some of the most refreshing waters I have been in a long time.

The water registered 22.7C not really cold but by my Jamaican standards, it was like it came fresh from the refrigerator! I sat in the water and little fish came to nibble on me, it was a bit disturbing at first but they did no harm that I could detect so I let them be. I chatted to a few of locals that passed by and they were very friendly, I will definitely be making time this year to find time to relax here and to find more spots like this.

Like my watch? I recently got it from a friend as a token of appreciation for helping out in a potentially deadly situation that happened about a year ago. It is an interesting back story that I should write about but that would have to be another post.

Does anyone follow me on tumblr? I have a nicer unobstructed view of a different waterfall along the same hike route. I will probably post a video there too :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

waw i think it was very funny.and one of my hobby is travelling like u too.And i am interesting about your post.maybe you can read my blog but sorry my blog use indonesia because i m from indonesian,and u?
can we be friend and share about the interesting dan excited place

this my blog ,you can visit
yeniandmsm.blogspot.com
thanks i R Adrian

Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..

Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

Anonymous said...


Are you in need of a loan? Do you want to pay off your bills? Do you want to be financially stable? All you have to do is to contact us for more information on how to get started and get the loan you desire. This offer is open to all that will be able to repay back in due time. Note-that repayment time frame is negotiable and at interest rate of 3% just email us creditloan11@gmail.com

Loan Offer said...


Are you in need of a loan? Do you want to pay off your bills? Do you want to be financially stable? All you have to do is to contact us for more information on how to get started and get the loan you desire. This offer is open to all that will be able to repay back in due time. Note-that repayment time frame is negotiable and at interest rate of 3% just email us (urgentloan22@gmail.com)

Loan Offer said...

Are you in need of a loan? Do you want to pay off your bills? Do you want to be financially stable? All you have to do is to contact us for more information on how to get started and get the loan you desire. This offer is open to all that will be able to repay back in due time. Note-that repayment time frame is negotiable and at interest rate of 3% just email us (urgentloan22@gmail.com)